Saline District Library
Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 7pm
President: Bill Christen
Vice President: Greg Schreiber
Secretary: Tammy Christen
Treasurer: Brent Dingman
Member-at-Large: Jennifer Nowicki
Fundraising: Mary Hays
Alumni Chair: Chris Frick
Captain: Ted Nowicki
Captain: Emma Frick
Food: The captains requested more Cliff Bars and chocolate milk.
Clothing: The board agreed to order 150 cinch bags.
The price of the polo shirts for the NJ regatta was discussed.
We can have an additional ordering window any time.
- The team needs to vote for new captains soon – it will be limited to incoming seniors. It was asked how new captain were transitioned. Maybe former captains could mentor new captains.
- Recruiting was discussed. The team recruits at freshman orientation and parent (freshman) orientation.
- The captains discussed possibly opening up the middle school “learn to row’ to high school kids as well.
- Midwest: The plan is to leave at 11am Friday, arrive 3pm, rig and row.
- Equipment: Coach would like the NRS straps prior to the Midwest regatta.
The reviewed financial report covered April, 2017.
MOVED: CF, SECONDED: BC to approve financial statements as submitted/amended.
- Straps – discussed above under Coaches Report.
General Agenda Items:
- Spring Banquet – date and location: The date is still TBD. It looks like the location will be the boathouse.
- Website: The website desperately needs to be updated. Each board member will take a page and/or “their” page to update.
- The next few board meetings will be June 14th, July 12th (at the Christens), and August 2nd.
- We made a total of $275 at the Oscar’s fundraiser.
- Gatsby update: The next meeting will be May 24th at 7pm.
Carol Wisner will be heading up the parent row. It will be $75 per seat and will include wine and cheese at the end of the row. It will be $20 for wine and cheese only.
- Chris is working on a list of alumni. Chris emails the current alumni after every regatta to keep them in the loop.
- We asked the parents to have their kids give them their valuables during the regattas.
- The board suggested maybe having lockers/half size lockers at the boathouse.